Friday 26 November 2010

Frame Wars Are GO!

It was a long time ago, but I used to be a philatelist doncha know. After viewing a pristine (and valuable) collection owned by an RAF friend of Mr Puddlecote Sr somewhere near Dusseldorf one summer holiday, I determined that stamp-collecting was the game for me!

It only lasted about six months, mind, but we are talking 1977 when German radio played The Name Of The Game incessantly, so my attention to licking folding hinges was easily distracted once I got a punchbag and gloves for Christmas ... then I wanted to be a boxer. That didn't last long either. In fact, the only trait I still carry from back then is a love of lebkuchen.

Having said that, if Royal Mail were to issue stamps like this more often, any guy my age could be tempted to invest in another set of tweezers.

Not only that, the January release also includes this glorious pictorial of the Thunderbirds countdown sequence.

It's going to right mess up Mrs P's well-planned decoration of our wall space, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist on having these framed and on display somewhere.

I'd plump for the hallway, but considering the 1983 original BPI awards press photo of Hazel O'Connor and Susanne Sulley I placed there last year ended up in the loft a day later, I think I may have a battle on my hands.

Wish me luck.


No comments: